- January 14, 2015
- Posted by: Dave Kurlan
- Category: Understanding the Sales Force
Dave Kurlan is a top-rated keynote speaker, best-selling author, sales thought leader and expert on all things sales and selling.
Yesterday I spoke to the Distributors for Billington Wines in Washington DC. One attendee asked about my comprehensive guidelines for on boarding new salespeople during the first 90 Days. I believe that most companies set their new salespeople up for failure. I believe you should prepare your new salespeople for success. While I have probably posted about this subject on various occasions, I’ll try to get it all in here.
Answer These Questions for your New Salespeople:
- What are all of the problems we solve?
- How many applications are there for our products/services?
- Why are we better?
- How are we different?
- What is our brand promise?
- How do we position ourselves in the marketplace?
- Who are our customers?
- What are their titles?
- How do we get to them?
- Why will they see me?
- What does the first call sound like?
- What is our sales process?
- How do I navigate the process?
- What are the questions I should be asking?
- What kind of resistance should I expect?
- How should I handle the resistance?
- What kind of objections will I hear?
- How do I handle those objections?
- What does our competition say about us?
- How do we sell against our competitors?
- What are their strengths and weaknesses?
- How do they sell against us?
- How do you want me presenting our solutions?
- How are our prices compared with the competition?
- How do we justify our prices?
- What are the expectations for me during the first week, month, quarter, year?
- How will I be measured?
- How will I be held accountable?
- What if I don’t measure up?
- What if I over achieve?
- What is our organizational structure?
- Who can I go to for help?
- What kind of help can I expect?
- How do I get the help?
- Can you build a 90 Day Orientation Program for New Salespeople?
© Copyright Dave Kurlan All Rights Reserved
Want More Information?
Get in touch using the form below