- April 25, 2008
- Posted by: Dave Kurlan
- Category: Understanding the Sales Force
When sales at your company have stalled, what do you do?
- Do you perform more coaching and training?
- Do you provide some additional incentives?
- Do you get angry, go on a tirade and push them to produce?
- Do you ignore it all and hope it will go away?
- Do you dig into the pipeline to see what’s coming and determine if it’s real?
- Do you fire the worst offenders?
- Do you hire new people to bring some life to the organization?
- Do you go out and close opportunities yourself?
- Do you go on joint calls and help your salespeople close?
- Do you give a motivational speech and create some urgency?
- Do you threaten consequences if something doesn’t change?
- Do you evaluate the sales force to learn why things are off track?
- Do you look for a new position?
- Do you offer discounts to get things going?
- Do you run a promotion?
What do you do and why do you do it?
(c) Copyright 2008 Dave Kurlan